Join the Boppy® Family
We strive for excellence while working in a balanced and fun atmosphere that rewards hard work, initiative and innovation. With a collection of award-winning, best-selling nursing and infant support products available, and more always in development, our company has earned a place as a player in the multi-million-dollar baby products industry. We are passionate about our products and love celebrating the joy babies bring. The same creative spirit that makes our products special, keeps the work environment here fun and energetic.
Global Sourcing Manager
We strive for excellence while working in a fun atmosphere that rewards hard work, initiative, and innovation. With a collection of award-winning, best-selling mom and baby support products, The Boppy Company has earned a place as a major player in the multi-million-dollar baby products category. Success has not transformed us from a family-oriented company to a layered, bureaucratic corporation, though. We are passionate about our products and love celebrating the joy that babies bring. The same creative spirit that makes our product special keeps the work environment here fun, energetic and always changing.
Global Sourcing Manager
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
The Global Sourcing Manager will report to the VP Supply Chain & IT and is responsible for all overseas sourcing functions including identifying, qualifying, and managing overseas third-party suppliers, balancing supplier business, setting priorities, developing strategies for procuring material and services. This position works closely with internal Supply Chain, Product Development and Quality teams. Candidates are also expected to have a working knowledge of current business management concepts and systems, including supply-chain practices, lean manufacturing concepts and relationship management.
In this hands-on role responsibilities include:
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and supplier management strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease total landed cost of goods.
- Apply effective negotiation strategies and secure pricing and procurement agreements in the best interests of The Boppy Company.
- Lead the supplier selection process. Source potential suppliers, manage the RFQ process, evaluate results and provide recommendations.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the marketplace, including commodity costs and negotiating power of suppliers.
- Perform cost and scenario modeling, analysis, and benchmarking.
- Identify risks, recommend, and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop cost and lead time reduction improvements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient in Mandarin and English.
- 5 years international sourcing experience in consumer goods.
- Textile sourcing experience is beneficial.
- Successful negotiator.
- Proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Comfortable collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
- In-depth PC competency in Microsoft-Office (primarily PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Strong self-motivation.
At The Boppy Company, we value our employees. Every member of the team is an integral part of the success of our Company, and we are proud of our comprehensive benefits package that reward you for the time, talent and experience you bring.
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Solid PTO (Starting at 17 days annually)
- Plus, out of office (with email check in & monitoring) the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Generous 401 (k)
- Bonus potential
- In normal times, we office in Golden, Colorado. However, role is currently remote but return to office is planned for September 7, 2021 with Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays in office and Wednesdays and Fridays flex day.
The Boppy Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artsana S.p.A., a 1.4 billion euro Italian consumer products and retail company. Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org