Join the Boppy® Family
We do incredible work, transforming the lives of moms, dads, and babies everywhere. Our inspiring views fuel our innovation and our mountain adventures keep us creative. Are you ready to work hard as a part of the team that creates award-winning, best-selling baby products in one of the most beautiful places in Colorado?
If you’d like to join our family in the Rocky Mountains we invite you to review our open positions below.
Director of Sourcing
The Director of Sourcing is responsible for the development and management of progressive sourcing strategies that deliver cost efficiencies, supply assurance and quality in the procurement of raw materials, finished goods, packaging, and contract manufacturing services. This role is expected to identify and screen suppliers, developing strategic relationships, negotiate terms and conditions, and continuously drive improved supplier service levels through leadership and direction on a cross functional basis. This role will also ensure procurement strategies, processes, and program executions are fully integrated to support internal budget business plans and company objectives and will actively collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that our knowledge, relationships and investments are effectively and efficiently leveraged. This position may have two direct reports and reports to the COO.
In this hands-on role responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic sourcing strategies, objectives, policies, and programs for all products.
- Build solid, mutually beneficial relationships with all current and future suppliers.
- Negotiate favorable terms and contracts with suppliers in order to meet or exceed gross margin targets for the company, all while supporting our brand initiatives and upholding our company standard of high Quality.
- Hold suppliers accountable to the highest possible service levels with product quality and on-time delivery of the utmost importance.
- Have two to four annual vendor compliance review meetings with suppliers.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that our supply chain is positioned in concert with the entire organization.
- Create and manage KPI's tracking cost savings, cost avoidance, and vendor compliance to on-time delivery, PO accuracy, etc.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure and identify opportunities for improvement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, business, or related field (required)
- Business fluency in, at least, both Chinese and English
- 10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement consumer products (required).
- 5 + years of experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- Textile sourcing is beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports, model out total cost of ownership, and conduct cost analyses.
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound leadership within the team and the interpersonal skills to build and nurture strong relationships with peers, executives, and external partners.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse, complex and high paced environment with competing demands.
- Travel up to 25% to visit supplier locations, external manufacturing sites and warehouses, depending on business needs.
At The Boppy Company, we value our employees. Every member of the team is an integral part of the success of our Company, and we are proud of our comprehensive benefits package that reward you for the time, talent and experience you bring.
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation time, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid sick time
- Generous 401(k)
The Boppy Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artsana S.p.A., a $1.4 billion Italian consumer products and retail company.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.