Boppy + First Candle
Boppy has been a supportive partner to First Candle, a leading national nonprofit dedicated to the survival of babies throughout the first year of life, since 2015. First Candle has helped us in educating Boppy caregivers through Safe Sleep tips and tools over the years but now we are not only working to inform, but engage our Boppy parents around safe use practices.
We are so excited to share the Boppy Pledge. The Boppy Pledge asks parents to pledge to use products correctly and safely and to ask others to do the same by sharing the pledge with their peers. We hope to spread safe product use information and safe infant sleeping practices beyond our direct reach with the help of Boppy parents. With each pledge, Boppy will donate $1 to First Candle to further support its efforts in SIDs education and loss support.
Ready to take the pledge? CLICK HERE!
Boppy is committed to doing everything possible to help make babies safer, and we are very grateful for our customers' continued trust in us. We rely on you to help promote the safe use of our products. Please help by signing the Boppy Pledge to:
- Use Boppy infant products ONLY for supervised awake time.
- NEVER use them for sleep.
- Follow the AAPs Safe Sleep Guidelines.
- Let every caregiver you know to do the same.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the safest place for baby to sleep is on its back, alone, on a firm surface in a bassinet or crib or a play yard. No other pillows, no other blankets, no other people, nothing but baby. If baby does fall asleep in products other than where what the AAP recommends, they should be moved to an AAP recommended safe sleep place.
Please help by signing the Boppy Pledge to use Boppy infant products ONLY for supervised awake time. To NEVER use them for sleep. To follow the AAPs Safe Sleep Guidelines. And to let every caregiver you know to do the same.
We are very grateful for our customers’ continued trust in us. We rely on you to help promote the safe use of our products. And we are proud of our history of leading the industry in safe use practices and warnings. We will always continue to lead the way for the benefit of our parents and caregivers and for the safety of their babies.
Proper product use is important to keeping your baby safe. Always read warning labels and instructions and ensure other caregivers know how to properly use baby products too!
If you have any questions about the correct use of your Boppy product, visit https://www.boppy.com/pages/safe-product-use
Support for you and baby with plush, hypoallergenic fiber fill. The original award-winning Boppy Feeding Support. The Boppy Feeding Support should only be used during baby’s awake time with adult supervision.
- Never leave baby unattended. Adult supervision is required.
- Never allow baby to sleep on the pillow. This product is for awake time only.
- Never allow baby to lie face down on the pillow.
- Never use in a crib, bassinet, playpen or play yard or near an area where a baby may sleep.
- This product is not for use on a bed, either with the baby alone or with a caregiver who may fall asleep while feeding the baby.
- To avoid positional asphyxiation, always keep baby’s airway open and do not allow baby to be curled up in the center of the pillow area. Do not allow baby to be too high or too low on the pillow.
The Boppy Anywhere Nursing Support and Boppy Best Latch Breastfeeding Support are for nursing and bottle feeding only.
- Only use support for nursing or feeding baby while sitting.
- Do not use pillow for infant propping, tummy time or sitting
- Do not leave baby unattended. Adult supervision is required.
- Never tie straps around baby or use straps as a baby restraint. Keep straps out of baby’s reach.
- Always check that belt is secure adult’s waist.
- Never tie belt or ties around baby or use belt or ties as a baby restraint.
- Never allow baby to sleep on the support.
- Do not use in a crib, bassinet, playpen, play yard or near an area where an infant may sleep.
Boppy’s signature hybrid carriers combine the ease and security of a structured carrier with the comfort and connection of a baby wrap. Its unique design has a small learning curve for some. So, if you have any questions check out our YouTube channel for our detailed how-to videos.
- Follow the instructions and weight ranges provided when babywearing.
- Do not place blankets, jackets or anything that can cover baby’s mouth or nose while in the carrier.
- Always monitor baby’s breathing. A young infant’s chin must be off their chest and the back must be supported.
- Ensure babies under 3 months are positioned correctly in the M position and following the guidelines of the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- Babies under 3 months must only be worn facing in until they can hold their head upright.
- Do not strap baby too tight against your body.
- Always keep infant’s face free from obstructions.
- Watch your step while babywearing. You are a different shape with baby on and it can affect your balance.
- Ensure the straps are not hanging passed your knees to ensure you don’t trip.
- Tie all wraps in a double knot (not a bow) for security
- Seek advice from a health professional before babywearing with a baby that is pre-term, low birthweight, or has a medical condition.
- Regularly check your carrier for wear and tear—including seams, strap attachments, buckles, and zippers and snaps, where applicable.
VIP seating while on the go! Designed with extra padding and attached toys to keep your baby comfy and entertained. You won’t want to leave home without it, and we don’t want you to leave baby while in use!
- Never leave child unattended with this product at any time. Adult supervision is always required when product is in use.
- Only use product with a child who can sit upright unassisted.
- Always secure belt to shopping cart by looping the belt through the back grid of the shopping cart seat before buckling child. When using this product with a high chair, be sure to secure the child restraint straps in the high chair.
- DO NOT use if the child restraint straps are missing or damaged.
- Only use on a shopping cart that is designed for seating a child.
- Although this product has a toy on it, the Boppy Shopping Cart Cover is not a toy. When not in use, be sure to leave restraint unbuckled to prevent possible entrapment.
This single cover is an infant car seat canopy, a nursing scarf, an infant stroller cover, a shopping cart cover, a highchair cover, and a baby carrier cover. It also packs up small in an integrated pouch to easily toss in your purse or diaper bag. You have options while out and about, but make sure to follow these safety rules.
- Never leave baby unattended and always use under adult supervision.
- Remember to always remove cover from infant car seat before placing it into any vehicle.
- Don’t allow any part of this product (or any fabric) to cover a child’s nose or mouth. Check baby frequently to be sure that they remain comfortable and do not overheat.
- When using as an infant car sear cover, always keep the car seat handle up.
- Do not use in a crib, bassinet, playpen, play yard or near an area where a baby may sleep. Do not use as a blanket. Only use the storage pouch to store cover when not in use.
- Inspect product before each use for loose snaps, raw edges or torn material. Discard if any are found.
- Never use as a baby carrier. Baby will fall out.
- Always use restraint systems when covering a high chair or shopping cart.
Boppy Head Supports provide support in strollers, bouncers or swings. The unique cut-out design relieves pressure while keeping your baby's head gently cradled. This product is not for car seats. When a car seat insert is needed, the car seat manufacturer will usually provide one. The inserts provided with your car seat are designed specifically for that car seat. Always be sure to check your car seat warranty information when looking at accessories for your car seat. Here are a few other warnings to follow.
- Never leave child unattended.
- Only use in strollers, bouncers or swings. Adult supervision is required.
- Do not use in a car seat, crib, cradle, bassinet, playpen, play yard or bed.
- Do not use this product with other padded inserts or head supports.
- Stop using head support once baby can roll over.
- Ensure this product (or any fabric) never covers child’s nose or mouth.
- Never allow an infant to lie ﬂat or lie face down on this product or any padded material,
- Always keep Baby’s airway open. For proper breathing, position back of baby’s head centered over the opening of the head support.
- Only use the head support in the reclined position for infants. Do not let chin fall to chest.
- Do not allow child to become overheated.
Pediatricians recommend 30 minutes of tummy time each day to help prevent flat spots on the back of baby’s head, strengthen neck and shoulder muscles and improve baby’s motor skills. The Tummy Time Prop is a great way to get baby more comfortable and engaged for tummy time. Here are some tips for correct use.
- Adult assembly required
- Only use under adult supervision.
- Never leave child unattended.
- Only use this product on the floor. Do not use in crib, cradle, bassinet, playpen, play yard or bed.
- Never allow baby to sleep on the pillow.
- Do not add strings or straps to product. Always inspect pillow and toys before each use. Make sure all of the parts are securely attached. If any part is frayed or loose, discontinue use and throw the part away.