We do incredible work, transforming the lives of moms, dads, and babies everywhere. Our inspiring views fuel our innovation and our mountain adventures keep us creative. Ready to work hard as a part of the team that creates award-winning, best-selling baby products in one of the most beautiful places in Colorado? If you’d like to join our family in the Rocky Mountains, we invite you to apply.
Join Our Family
Sewing Sample Maker
We strive for excellence while working in a balanced and fun atmosphere that rewards hard work, initiative and innovation. With a collection of award-winning, best-selling nursing and infant support products available, and more in development, our company has earned a place as a player in the multi-million-dollar baby products industry. But, success hasn’t transformed us from a friendly, family-oriented company to a layered, bureaucratic corporation. We are passionate about our products and love celebrating the joy babies bring. The same creative spirit that makes our products special, keeps the work environment fun and energetic. The Boppy Company is based in Golden, Colorado.
This part-time (20-24 hours per week) position reports to the Chief Creative Officer and works closely with the Product Design & Development Manager. In this support role, the Sewing Sample Maker will assist with the development of new products by creating first round prototypes and professionally finished in-house sales samples of new products. This position will also be responsible for keeping accurate records and archives to support the Creative Team.
- Duplicating and creating product samples
- Collaborating with Team to resolve design and production challenges
- Improving processes such as but not limited to:
- Maximizing pattern and cut layout
- Product construction that simplifies manufacturing processes
- Internal record keeping (files, archives, library)
- Assisting in the transfer of information to new technical package templates
- Updating pattern log
- Managing in-house physical copies of all digital patterns, reprinting as necessary
- Errand running and shopping
- Liaise, as directed, with off-site contract printers /quilters / embroiderers, etc. to create sample making components
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of production sewing
- Proficient with embroidery machinery and software
- Proficient in textile fabrication and construction
- Proficient in fabric cutting & sample sewing will be required for samples only. Not production
- Experienced in new product development
- Proficient in creating patterns by means of deconstruction and reconstruction
- Proficient in use of straight stick, coverstitch and serger
- Expert in application of proper tensions, feet and stitches for professional results on all fabric types and trims
- Proficient in MS office
- Open to learn and develop new skills
Email cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to: email@example.com
The Boppy Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artsana S.p.A., a $1.4 billion Italian consumer products and retail company.