What Information Do We Collect?
- – We collect information from you when you register, place an order, provide a product review, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form on the Site.
- – When ordering a product or registering on the Site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. This is required information to place an order or register on the Site. If you do not wish to provide this information you may visit the Site anonymously and purchase our products through other on-line or retail stores.
- – Children under the age of 18 may not register on the Site, place an order, provide a product review, enter any online contests , participate in any online surveys or register for mailings or notices from the Company on the Site. Although children under the age of 18 may visit the Site, we encourage parents to browse the Site with their children and discuss with them the responsibilities of using the internet.If the Company should inadvertently collect information from a child under the age of 18, we delete that information. Parents or legal guardians have the right to review their child’s personal information, delete it, or withdraw permission to allow further collection or use of that information.
Does the Company use Social Media Plugins?
- – Yes. The Site may permit you to use a third party social networking platform such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+. This includes use of social media plugins such as Facebook “Like”, Tweet, Pinterest “Pin,” Google “+1” buttons, etc. When you use social networking platforms and plugins, your username and password for the services and other information available about your or collected from you on these services may be shared with us. We may ask your permission to repost your Facebook or Twitter quotes on our Site. If you agree, you grant us the right to use your posts on our Site for promotional purposes, without compensation.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- – To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- – To improve the Site
(we continually strive to improve the Site based on information and feedback we receive from you)
- – To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to customer service requests and support needs)
- – To process transactions
(your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of fulfilling your order or delivering the purchased product or service you requested or as otherwise expressly provided for herein)
- – To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- – To send periodic emails
(the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc…)
- – To improve our products or services (by using this Site you agree that any information provided to us by you regarding any of our products, including any product review, shall be owned by the Company and may be used by the Company to improve our products or services, without compensation to you).
How Do We Protect Your Information?
- – We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- – We offer the use of a secure server. All personal non-public information is transmitted to the Site via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment provider’s database only to be accessed by those individuals who are authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
- – Your personal non-public information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be deleted 30 days after the completion of your transaction with the Company.
- – Because information sent through the Internet travels from computer to computer throughout the world, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Information that you disclose by use of this Site, by posting a message or using e-mail, potentially could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Do We Collect Your IP Address?
- – Like most e-commerce websites, each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
- – Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables a website to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- – You can always set your browser to refuse all cookies from this and other websites that you may visit. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your hard drive. However, it is possible that some portions of this website will not function properly or may perform more slowly if you choose to reject cookies. Remember also that disabling cookies is browser specific. If you log on using Internet Explorer, you must also disable cookies in Safari if you use that browser at a different time.
- – We may also collect information about your method of access such as your operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac, Linux, etc.) and your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.).
- – By using the Site and not disabling cookies, you consent to allowing their use for the described purposes.
What Information Do Other Websites Collect From You?
Do We Disclose Any Information To Outside Parties?
- – We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce the Site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, anonymous visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- – We do share product reviews that you may post to the Site with other retailers who sell our products. By using the Site and posting a product review, you agree that we have the right to share your product review with other retailers that sell our products. You further agree that other retailers have the right to post your product review on their websites without further notice or permission from you. Once your product review is posted on other websites, your posting will be controlled by the policies of the other website. We encourage you to review their privacy policies and remind you that we are not responsible for the actions of other websites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- – Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent unless they are being provided the information for the express purpose of fulfilling your order or delivering the purchase product or service you requested and have agreed to keep your information confidential.
- – California residents are legally entitled (at no charge and no more than once annually) to request information about how we may have shared your information with others for direct marketing purposes. To request this information, contact us at the address set forth below.
- – As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of the Site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their Account page.
The Company’s Intellectual Property Rights
- – Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, all material on the Site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by the Company (“Copyrights”). Material from boppy.com or any other website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by the Company may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials on the Site for any other purpose is a violation of the Company’s copyrights and other proprietary and intellectual property rights. The use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Company. Unauthorized use of the Site may give rise to a claim for damages against you.
- – For any information that we collect through the Site, the Company becomes the owner of that data.
- – This policy was last modified on 02/22/2016.
Right to Unsubscribe
- – You have the right to unsubscribe from any services that we offer, if you no longer want to participate. To do so, please use our “Contact Us” link on this Site for additional information or email us at email@example.com. Please note that there may be a short period of time for us to update your preference and ensure that we honor your request.
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or to update, modify or correct your information, please reach us on our Contact Us page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at: The Boppy Company, LLC., 560 Golden Ridge Road, Suite 150, Golden, CO 80401, ATTN: Boppyhood.