"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.???
- Mark Twain
What you really need to know
We asked our Facebook community what is the best parenting advice they’ve ever received. Here’s what our saavy, experienced parents shared with us:
- “Sleep when baby sleeps!!” - Gabrielle B.
- “Follow your instincts. You know what is best for your baby.” – Tanya F.
- “Get hooked up with a mommy group…It will help tremendously.” – Rosemary T.
- “Most important advice ever…DON’T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF! Nobody is a perfect Mom.” – Alex C.
- “Swaddle that baby!” – BeckyLyn A.
- “Take the time to sit and snuggle as babies don’t last!” – Trina G.
- “Read to your baby!” – Christy S.
- “Take lots of photos!” – Whitney U.
Is it 3am? Need a laugh?
Source: 5 Things Never To Say To Your Pregnant Wife, Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine:
- Again? But we just stopped 15 minutes ago.
- I thought you already had dinner.
- Well, kind of. (Answer to “Does this make me look pregnant?” Don’t be fooled; it’s really just the new “Does this make me look fat?”)
- I’m leaning toward the name Xerxes if it’s a boy. Maybe Zeus. I’d settle for Rambo, though.
- Man, this tuna/maki/pinot noir/raw sheep’s milk is to die for. Mmm!
- “Bringing up a family should be an adventure, not an anxious discipline in which everybody is constantly graded for performance.” — Milton R. Saperstein
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
- “In every dispute between parent and child, both cannot be right, but they may be, and usually are, both wrong. It is this situation which gives family life its peculiar hysterical charm.” – Isaac Rosenfeld
- “It was when I had my first child that I understood how much my mother loved me.” — From “For Mother – A Bouquet of Sentiments”
- “A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.” — Ogden Nash